Started Mar 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BHPhotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 789Gear list
Like?
KM criticism valid?
Mar 8, 2009

There are two main criticisms of the KM: the focus system and the orientation sensor.

Apparently there are only two focus point settings, auto and center? And the problem is that the VF doesn't display the point? But once selected, and forgotten, most folks in the entry-level market will just think about the circle in the VF as the focus and aim the camera at what is most interesting to them. I understand that being able to shift to other points has use, but how many folks at this entry level would ever use that feature?

Second, since it's easy enough to rotate images in virtually every program from Picasa to Photoshop, how is the absent orientation sensor a big deal, or am I missing something?

I think Pentax did it's benchmark work really well and came up with features, and left out features, that this market wants or doesn't really use. And from what I've seen, the images coming out of the camera, despite the limitations of the kit lens, are really very good and can stand up not only against N and C offerings, but with other Pentax,
Brian

BHPhotog's gear list:BHPhotog's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Tz4New
Leo-New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow