ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shacharm
Regular MemberPosts: 390
Like?
Quickbooks question: deposits
Mar 7, 2009

I use quickbooks premier and really love it. My workflow is:

• Create an estimate & send to client (my stationary contains the T&C printed on the back already, and I include job-specific T&C on the front as part of the estimate).

• Client required to sign the estimate and include a 30% deposit to book the job

• I record payments against the invoice until zeroed out

My question is, if the job date is more than 3-4 months away, instead of creating a 100% invoice, I'd rather just record the deposit payment, and issue the complete invoice when the event takes place (I work on cash basis). If I try to issue a partial invoice (based on % of the estimate), QB prorates the hours per line item which tends to confuse customers (and myself). Is there a better way to do that and still keep track of everything (i.e. I don't want to issue an invoice that is not associated with the original, approved estimate, just to record the deposit). I couldn't find a way to generate an invoice, against an estimate, for a fixed $ amount.

Thanks!

Shaq

Shaq Photography, LLC
http://www.shaqphotography.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow