MinoltaMan is now using a Nikon D90

Started Mar 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Contributing MemberPosts: 781
MinoltaMan is now using a Nikon D90
Mar 5, 2009

After close to 31 years of using Minolta/Sony SLR equipment, I must announce that I acquired a Nikon D90 system and I like it very much. This was triggered by us getting for my wife a D90 for her birthday last year. I wanted to get her a Sony camera, but she thought the A700 was too bulky, and I thought the A200/300/350 not sufficiently featured for what I wanted her to have. So we decided to get her a Nikon D90 with the Nikkor 16-85 F3.5-5.6 VR lens. We later added a Nikon SB-800 flash, their equivalent to the Minolta 5600 HS-D. She was very happy with the camera and so was I, to the point that I decided that I wanted one for myself. So I got one just before the prices went up in February. I must honestly say, I think I feel I can do the photography I regularly do better with the Nikon system. I am not ready to totally ditch Sony, and I still plan to contribute pictures taken with my Sony equipment to this forum, but, at this time, the Nikon system is my preferred system.

Here is a link to a thread I posted on the Nikon D40-D90 Forum giving my definitive first impression of the Nikon D90, with pictures, etc. In one of the posts in this thread, I do a detailed comparison of the virtues of the D90 and the virtues of the A700.

Recently switched to Nikon (D90)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow