Perfect solution for lens without tripod collar

Started Mar 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Guys and/or gals
In reply to lmtfa, Mar 3, 2009

The strap is used to secure the lens to the bracket and the bracket is secured to the tripod plate. It does not impede zooming. The part at the end shaped like a V is rubber as an example on the 70-300 I place the center of the rubber zoom ring on the lens to cradle in the V. I am able to zoom the 70-300 with no friction as it zooms back and forth, or you can rest the lens hood on the V but do that if you are going to shoot at a constant focal length.

The Manfrotto 234RC swivel tilt head is a popular head for tri/mono pods, it sturdy with nice action up/down and there is a screw on the bottom of the plate that attaches the head to it, so it can be removed for you to use your own head. RRS or Kirk makes a Arca Swiss plate that will fit in the head. Bottom line if you want some stability on your lenses that do not have collars this is an inexpensive way to support all your lenses.

Caution: If your lens does not IF place the lens on the braket where it will not interfere with any rotation.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow