Started Mar 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shuttrrbug
Regular MemberPosts: 309
Like?
Print and Present
Mar 2, 2009

This is not yet another thread about printers, but about printing and ways of presenting one's work to family, friends and who knows who. I don't own a printer and I want to send a few of my photos that are worth printing to a decent lab. I realize no photo lab can beat the quality of in-home printing with a well calibrated system. However, I'd like some of your recommendations for a lab that can do a good job for a reasonable price weather it's a local retailer or an online one.

I am tempted by Costco's 13 cents per 4x6 print. There's also a website: drycreekphoto.com that has printer profiles for all costco locations in the US for different printers and papers! Have any of you printed at Costco this way and what you think/advise?

My second question is how do you present your work to friends, family, etc.? Photo albums? Photo books? Other methods you'd like to share? In what size?
And where's the best place to get such affordable presentation supplies?

In this digital age I take a lot of photos, but that doesn't mean I'm going to print them all, just the ones that are worth printing.

Thanks to all.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow