Started Feb 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cheshirekat
Regular MemberPosts: 170
Like?
Aperture 2.1 Plugins
Feb 25, 2009

I've been looking for Aperture plugins for a while. Most of the useful ones I've seen are costly, so I only installed the Picasa Web albums export plugin while trying to decide which plugins would be the most useful.

Then I found out about Viveza through one of the Apple trainers when I attended a One-to-One training session last summer. For the past few months, I've visited the Nik software site several times and quite a few other sites for plugins and standalone editors.

I made myself take a leap and bought the Nik software Aperture Collection yesterday. The package won't be delivered for a couple days so this morning I downloaded and installed all the trials to check out. (I don't normally do trials because it drives me nuts when software expires before I'm ready to purchase but I assume the box version will arrive before the trial ends.)

So, I'm learning that the collection is really very interesting and will take me a while to be comfortable with all the editing I can perform. I have PE6 but don't like it much and have used it less and less. I've used the full Photoshop very little at work, but enough to decide I didn't like it enough to upgrade. So I am really looking forward to learning to use the plugins in Aperture after taking so many months to decide which photo editing software to use. I especially like that I can stay in Aperture instead of using an external editor like PSE which I thought was too slow on my Mac Pro, especially loading. Maybe I will start to enjoy editing instead of avoiding it now.

Is anyone else using the Nik plugins for Aperture? Since there isn't a forum on their site, thought I'd ask here if anyone has any tips of stuff I might miss.
--
Sony Alpha 350~Sony 70-300G~Sony 100 f2.8~Sony 50f1.4~Sony 28 f2.8~Sony 18-70

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow