Camera card disasters, corrupted files etc.

Started Feb 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kilmer2
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Camera card disasters, corrupted files etc.
Feb 22, 2009
-- hide signature --

Still having too much fun!

Since October of '08 I have had problems with camera cards. I used both SanDisk and Lexar and a variety of cameras and computers. My day job is all

Canon and Mac and my personal work is Fuji, Nikon and PC. This started with files not showing up on my Canon shoots. They were recovered by a recovery program. Part of the job went into a folder and midway through they started scattering on the card, not viewable when called up on the computer. Then I went on a shoot and had four cards that would not format in my S5.They said to format, then the camera warning to change cards. I have formatted on the computer, quit allowing them to cross between camera systems, bought new cards and a new Nikon D300. I had a problem again today with a brand new

card and the Nikon. The camera shot fine, reviewed fine but aftering being the the computer on an unsuccesful download it tells me there are no images.

I am at a loss. Nobody else at work is having any problems at all with the same cameras that I use. Last week two shoots had to be recovered. I hesitate to mention this next informtion, but what the heck. Every time that a card is rejected by a camera, or I can't view the images on a card, I remove it, blow on the contacts and put it back in the camera to view or format without a problem.

Trust me there are no mind altering drugs being used, but if I can't fix this soon

I may be tempted. Does anyone have a similar experience? Anyone have uggestions?

Thanks, Don

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow