Rupert has been "Permanently Banned" from DPreview!!

Started Feb 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Don Allison
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,163
Like?
Rupert has been "Permanently Banned" from DPreview!!
Feb 22, 2009

I just got an email from everyone's good friend on this Forum, Jim MacDonald, who informed me that he has been "permanently banned" and for what he does not know. Does anyone know what happened here? I can't find hide or tail as to why this occurred.

Surely, Jim is entitled to a little consideration from the moderators here. At the very least the reason for the ban could be communicated; better still, perhaps the 3-strike criminal rule could be applied before he receives any final boot.

(P.S. I find it incredulous that one of our older and more emotional members from Utah can call another Forum member a "bigot" and be permitted to continue to post his Mountain Sheep and Mule Deer; all the while, Jimbo (aka Rupert) is left scratching his head over his permanent ban for something far less obnoxious...of that I am certain. Your support here is much appreciated. Don Allison, a friend of Rupert and the scourge of tree rats everywhere.

-- hide signature --

'Photography is not like painting,' Cartier-Bresson told the Washington Post in 1957. 'There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative,'
http://www.dhaphotography.com/index.html

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow