D700- Do I have any options? Guess I probably don't.

Started Feb 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W.C. Green
Regular MemberPosts: 400
Like?
D700- Do I have any options? Guess I probably don't.
Feb 22, 2009

Hello-

To those who helped me with my decision to sell my OLY gear and move to a D700, I thank you all. However, I have hit an obstacle, and it seems there is no solution for me. I thought I would ask here, just in case there was some option I had not considered.

I sold my E-3, grip, 35-100mm f2, and FL-50 on ebay, in order to get the D700, grip, 80-200mm f2.8, and SB-600. I took a HUGE loss... about a $900 loss on the 4 pieces, getting only $2800 for the lot. I was trying to start a new, very specific biz, in order to be able to marry my fiance. Well, today, two days after I shipped out the last piece of my sold OLY gear, my boss at the theatre where I am currently contracted, parked behind me, and I hit her new car. I have to spend $1500 of the money from my gear, to fix her car. So, I am left with almost nothing. I see that Nikon has insanely raised all it's prices in this horrible economic time, when logic tells you, that you should be lowering prices. So, I cannot afford anything I planned to get. I wish I had kept my OLY gear now, because I cannot afford an equal Nikon setup for $1300. I need serious low light abilities, so I cannot go with anything but FF. I don't know why I am even writing this email... as I type, I see that it's over for me. There is no option. When I started typing, I thought maybe I had overlooked something, and someone could suggest something... but as I type, I know there is no option. I'm done. I should have just accepted the noise of my E-3, and its terrible back focusing and kept it. But I didn't, and now I am s-c-r-e-w-e-d. I cannot even afford a D300, which has almost as much noise as my E-3.

Oh, well. Thank you all for the past advice. Maybe someday, if I decide to stick around and keep breathing, I can get my Nikon setup. I do appreciate the past help, and enjoyed the time when I was imagining my Nikon gear.
Billy
--
'Talent does what it can. Genius does what it must.'

E-3, HLD-4 grip, BlackRapid Strap, 35-100mm f2, FL-50, Lowepro
350 Fastpack, Lowepro Toploader 75, MacBook Pro 17' Photoshop CS3, Photomatix,
Lightroom 2.2

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow