Started Feb 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicram
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
D3X review is here... cont.
Feb 20, 2009

By the time the price comes down there will actually be threads on this forum where > people ask if a D3xs is coming soon. They won't want to buy an "outdated" camera > when a new version is just around the corner. Believe it or not, a D3x -even a > cheaper D3x will not be enough camera for some people on this board.

-- hide signature --

http://www.johnricardblog.com
http://www.johnricard.com

I disagree. I think a lot of times here people are asking questions and looking for opinions because some things are not clear, especially with new gear. For example, the D2X was not a big enough file for my clients so i couldn't use it. Then the D3 came out and it's high ISO was outstanding and almost seemed like a perfect camera except the file size (and therefore resolution) was not high enough for my clients. The D700 made it even more tempting because it was identical IQ but much cheaper. Then the 5DM2 came out and was high MP great high ISO and super cheap, but it isn't a Nikon so I can't use it (too many Nikon lenses).

Then the D3X came out and seemed to be the best of both worlds with the highest resolution, which is what I was waiting for, but I consider price just as important a factor as any other feature on the camera, and with clients budgets shrinking the D3X has a flaw in my opinion, a fatal flaw. So I'm still looking for the perfect Nikon and it will likely be a D700X type camera with a great price. THAT camera will be enough for me and I won't go hunting for something else or be dissatisfied in any way. So I disagree it won't be enough for some people on this board, I think Nikon is moving towards the (near) perfect camera and I think most here are waiting for it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow