This is why I am starting to like RAW more and more....

Started Feb 19, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
UtahManSir
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,570
Like?
This is why I am starting to like RAW more and more....
Feb 19, 2009

I was goofing around with my brother last Sunday and decided to try something I failed at often in my film days. Taking a picture of the mountains on the east side of the valley at night with just the ambient light. (Did it with moonlight once, with only fair results. Will be trying that again too.)

Anyway, here was the kicker, what WB setting to use? I used auto and got a VERY gunky shot. However, now that I shoot RAW+JPEG most of the time I was able to take the RAW apply the tungsten setting in the Pentax Photo Lab (Yeah I know, one day I will buy real software.) getting a better result and then with some selective desaturation of red and magenta got something better. I may need to bring down the green channel too, but I really like what I got.

Shot with Pentax K200D and K-28mm f3.5 wide open. 30s shutter, camera resting on top of a transformer with 2 sec shutter delay and mirror pre-lock.

In Camera JPEG:

Processed from RAW:

I like what I got, whaddya think?

Lloyd
--

If it doesn't matter whether we win or lose, why do we keep score? --Worf Son of Mogh

http://lloydshell.blogspot.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow