ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,677
Like?
Own 707-add 7i or 5700
Jul 28, 2002

Love my 707.

Adding another 5 mp with zoom-smaller to travel with.

Nothing comes close to the 707 resolution so it has been tough. Big issues have been truer color-tho I love Sony vivid colors!,and the various feature sets, like threads, low light shots, macros, batteries, EVF usage and sensor feature, menus vs. buttons, etc.

Assuming I don't like additional equipment or a lot of PS, a novice and you couldn't pry the 707 away, what would you chose??? I take photos of things and people, indoors and out. No children shots, no sports or action.

Some scenery. Like Zoom and macro. I usually use the plus in-camera settings.( I have no taste...)

I really respect this forum, and while the obvious answer is probably why throw your money away--assuming I am that frivolous, any constructive comments are welcome.

These other two have been pretty great and I find myself leaning to the 7i,

but I only have the 5700 3 days and it really is compact. I travel a lot and what I can carry on is limited. I have had many cameras stolen from luggage and I won't travel with the 707--too important to get stolen.

The quality photos have spoiled me rotten!

Thanks. This is the group I have really felt at home with.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow