Started Feb 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
harrygilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 2,799Gear list
Like?
Nikon Scanner plus Flatbed Scanner
Feb 18, 2009

Back before Micro$oft jiggered XP's internals, I ran an HP S-20 film scanner along with my HP 6250 flatbed scanner (both USB connected). I got around the stupid design flaw that Windows apparently cannot supoort two USB "scanner" devices connected at the same time by installing the 6250 as a TWAIN device rather than via Windows services.

But, after installing XP SP2, the HP film scanner won't work, and HP says it will not update the drivers. Sooooo, I just bought a Nikon 5000 film scanner. The manual says that it will not run with another "scanner" connected to the system.

Question: Anyone successfully run the Nikon 5000 with a flatbed scanner? If there IS a conflict, can I just unplug the flatbed when running the 5000, and vice versa? I suppose I could experiment, but I've got everything working well before installing the Nikon scanner, and don't want to mess up the setup and lose untold hours fixing things.

Any advice would be appreciated.

harrygilbert's gear list:harrygilbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow