Started Feb 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tonybl
Regular MemberPosts: 388
Like?
Wow -Siigma 10-20 is such fun
Feb 16, 2009

I am an enthusiastic amateur and just bought my first wide zoom, the Sigma 10-20. I agonised for a year whether to get the Canon 10-22 etc.

What a great lens this Sigma is, it feels almost like I am looking at some scenes for the first time through new eyes. I previously took most of photos with my Canon 17-85 IS which has and still serves me well - 5 years later. My body is still old faithful, a 20D. Also still great after 35K plus shots.

Coming back to the Sigma 10-20. Colours are great, no need to up saturation, pictures quite sharp even wide open at 10mm. Tried looking for obvious blurring and distortion at corners and edges, nothing there is really an issue when the total scene is considered. Biggest issue is getting used to the perspective distortion which is natural to such wide lenses, but still a little disconcernting to me.

I highly recommend this lens, which is very sturdily built, and is more than 30% cheaper than the equivalent Canon stuff here in South Africa, and also comes with a hood, bag, and 3 year guarantee - believe it or not !

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow