Started Feb 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jatt
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Canon Lens are Softer compared to Nikon
Feb 9, 2009

First of, I am not a troll, This is just an opinion, if you don't like it there is always back button on your browser, although more opinions are welcome. Now back to topic:

I compared 3 canon lenses to Nikon's. First Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 is not even close to Nikon 14-24mm. Second Canon's 24-70mm f/2.8 was a lot softer than Nikon's at wide open and at f/4, but it catches up at f/5.6 but why make a lens that is soft at 2.8 and 4. Third is Canon's 70-200mm f/2.8 IS, which is equal to Nikon's 70-200mm f/2.8 VR. It was compared on my Canon 5D and Friend's D700. It could be Canon's lenses are aging and need a replacement, like Canon's 70-200mm IS is very sharp cause its new lens. Canon need to replace 100-400mm, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS, 16-35mm f/2.8 (Most needed) and better 24-70mm with IS. Also 24-105mm, I've had to go through 3 copies to find a sharp one. I love their 300mm f/2.8, why can't they make more lenses like that. If they want to stay in the SLR race, they need to start paying attention to their customers, and what their demands are.

Got my flame-suit on for caution.......

T0ny

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
So?New
uhmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow