Nikon d3x - Dead Pixels in some copies ?

Started Feb 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J_P_P
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Nikon d3x - Dead Pixels in some copies ?
Feb 8, 2009

Hi,

I brought the d3x one week ago in London, been there for holidays. It's my First Nikon, i only had a Sony a700 before., so i am still struglling a lot with the comands and huge menu options, this baby surely is complex / very customizable

Anyway...the 1st copy i got, had some dead pixels in the lower right corner , that formed soemthing like a very small cross '+'. The Pixels were White and i noticed them when i shot a image from my hotel room, in a dark area. Anyway...them i took a shot with the Lens Cap on , and noticed the White / Dead Pixels.

Next Day i went to the shop, and explained the problem, they had another copy , tried again, and this time there was a small single Blue Pixel in the lowe right corner, when i took another shot with the lens cap on.

Finally in the 3rd copy, everyting seemed to be perfect.

It was not a case of the Monitor having these dead pixels, it was soemthing in the sensor. I even tried moving the CF card to another machine to check it.

I took the photos in RAW , with Long Exp NR = off and High ISO NR = off.

Anyway...was i just extremelly unlucky...or is Nikon having some Quality Control issues ???

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow