Started Feb 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fishmeister
Contributing MemberPosts: 892
Like?
Sunpak PF30X + Canon 40D 2nd Curtain
Feb 7, 2009

I was just in a Currys Digital store when I spotted a Sunpak PF30X for Canon selling for £39 brand new. According to the store it would be fine on my 40D. I have got it home and tried it and it works fine, but after doing a Google search I have read that it is incompatible with the 40D's 2nd Curtain Sync. Could somebody explain to me what that means?. I am simply going to use it for occasional indoor portrait shots (ie bouncing the flash off the ceiling) and maybe a fill flash in the day, I am not looking to use it for serious Macro work or such. If it is a big problem I can either return it or sell it for a bit more on Ebay, either way it is not a problem.

So will this glitch be important to me?, the test shots I have done so far are impressive and it seems to be well built and with the new NI-MH batteries I have installed, recharges faster than I thought... and the 430ex II is way out of my price range.
Cheers!.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow