Started Feb 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phlyfisher
Senior MemberPosts: 1,037
Like?
*****Challenge 72***** Teamwork/teamplay
Feb 7, 2009

Teamwork or Teamplay, from an epic battle of Titans to Jack and Jill going up the hill. Could be dogs playing, tugs pulling, a sports event or dance. Think along the lines of syncrony, competition, interaction or just fun.

I'd like to see some action and/or be stimulated by a message, both would be great. I'm judging on composition/aesthetics, clarity of message, technical stuff (focus, presentation etc).

THE TWIST: In the spirit of teamwork/teamplay, I am asking the FIRST TEN people who enter a photo to email me their pick among the participants, any one photo they feel deserves special attention for whatever reason. Please, just a reference, not the actual photo. I'm sorry, I know this favors those who are awake/online at this time, but I'd like feedback without too much complication.

Teammates: Please do this on or before February 16th or 17th. The final decisions will be mine but I would appreciate some suggestions as my tastes seem to be a bit, hmmm different. You may post your choice on the thread if you prefer but only directly (as a responce) to YOUR photo entry, I'm not likely to read other comments elsewhere in the challenge.

A sample: BTW I greatly appreciate basic exposure info with the photo. For those learning, its informative to share:

D60 iso100 1/400 sec f10 16-85VR 52mm

The challenge ends: Mountain Time (US) at 12 oclock midnight on Wednesday February 18th.

I hope to give the results on Thursday February 19th.
GOOD LUCK to all participants......!

Here are the rules:

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (if you post more than one image, the first will be your entry in the challenge). The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host) is final. The winner runs next challenge; if he/she fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours, and so on.

Any picture you’ve taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera it was taken with.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera, lens and exposure info along with your photo. Feel free to comment on other contestant’s images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put (CC) next to the title of your image [e.g. Sunset with Canada Geese (CC)].

VERY IMPORTANT!!! - Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post if you are submitting an entry and RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO ENTRY. If you reply to an entry or don't change the subject to your title, your entry could get confused with a comment and so not get into the challenge.

The picture that you choose to enter must not have been submitted in a previous challenge.

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they’re sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll ( 800 to 1000 pixels on the longest side works best.)

Link to previous challenge:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30788211
--
chris
WSSA #98

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DezNew
FredNew
DeZNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow