D60 problem first time Canon Nj heard of it !

Started Jul 25, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
medici
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
D60 problem first time Canon Nj heard of it !
Jul 25, 2002
-- hide signature --

Well after trying the new firmware and not having the problem resolved, and the increasing frequency of camera not writing to the flash card. I took it to the repair center in NJ.

When taking a shot camera did not write to card, evidenced by the fact that if I pushed the shutter halfway it would then write, however no image would appear on LCD. When choosing to playback this image, it would appear briefly then disappear. Upon dowloading sometimes thumbnail would be there sometimes not !

Gave camera to women at Jamesburg repair, she came back 20 minutes later and said, the problem was to be taken care of by a new firmware at some point keep watching Canon web site. Plus I needed to know that you can shoot three raw images before camera begins to write to card. She said the problem of delayed writing could not be duplicated by the repair person.

I insisted she watch and on the third shot, camera did not write to card until shutter pushed halfway. Well she says there is a problem and took camera back, after 40 minutes came back and said it appears to be a problem maybe with the processor, maybe too much solder somewhere and this is first time they have seen such an issue. Camera will have to be left for unknown amount of time until they can figure out the problem.

A Canon sales rep happened to stop by for a repair to a film camera. We spoke and I mentioned issues I Have experienced and read others had. He was surprised and said he hadn’t heard of any problems with D60 at all !

Mike

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow