Started Feb 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
majorthom
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
k200 vs. k2000
Feb 1, 2009

I'm looking to buy my first dSLR and am looking at Pentax. I have an old Spotmatic F with several screw-mount lenses, and actually have a k-mount to m42 adaptor so theoretically the lenses should work, so I'm not new to photography, just never had my own dSLR (I've used other peoples.)

I can't really see a difference between the 2000 and the 200 other than they took out the weather sealing and a few focus points, but upped the frame rate. So is there really a reason to go for the 200 over the 2000?

I'm actually looking at the white k2000 (yeah, I know, but I think it looks pretty sweet.)

So, I'm sure I'll get a "Yes" because I'm posting in the Pentax forum, but are these the cameras I should even be looking at? My research also has me looking at the Nikon D40.

Basically I'm just looking for a cheap body (because lenses are more important anyway) that I'll be able to take with me basically anywhere and has good low-light performance.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow