Started Jan 31, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tempesta13
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Would like to make a good print from a bad picture
Jan 31, 2009

I took this picture with a cheap camera (film) about 7 years ago before i had a decent digital camera. I tried fixing it up (with paint.net) trying to make a decent 4x6 print - it doesn't look very good, and would like to have an 8x10 of it (might be impossible).

My camera, a fujifilm s7000, broke about 6 months ago, and i haven't replaced it yet so i can't justify buying software without a camera. I plan on buying a fuji f100 (or something similar) to have a good point and shoot that i would use a lot more than my old camera due to it's size. As soon as i pull the trigger on that i plan on gettin CS4 - i had photoshop 6 forever (until i got vista and it wouldn't run) and used CS2 for a semester in college so i'm sure i could learn it quick and do some good editing (i hope).

So until that happens, i'm going to ask for help from you guys. This photo is one of the few i have with my friend - it was scanned (poorly) so it's managed to stay on my computer over the years. My friend Jason (left in photo) was killed in July while serving with the Marines in Afghanistan so i'd really like to have this photo fixed up some to frame and hang on my wall. It's not very sharp at all, and the lighting isn't too great, but hopefully it can be fixed up some.

I really appreciate the help, thank you.

Adam

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow