Started Jan 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cougarsports
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Which one? - Epson R1900 vs. Pro 3800 for Glossy Quality
Jan 30, 2009

I’m thinking of upgrading my old Canon i9900 to a pigment printer to get better longevity. The newer Epson printers also seem to have a wider selection of media than what is available for the i9900.

I’ve read a number of posts and most seem to suggest that with all of the extra ink you get with the 3800, it is maybe a better buy long term, plus you get the ability to handle wider media. That makes sense but I'm not a huge volume printer although bigger sounds good.

What I’m not as clear on is the output quality, especially on glossy and luster papers which is what I use most. Sometimes it sounds like the 3800 may have some gloss differential issues with these papers.

Any thoughts and suggestions? I want to move fast if I go with the 3800 to take advantage of the $200 Epson rebate that expires tomorrow.

If I go with the R1900, does the SW support custom profiles that a 3rd party might do or that would come with non-Epson paper, or are you locked in to only Epson paper/profiles?

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow