Started Jan 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timberland
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,211Gear list
Like?
***** Mini-Challenge #195 - Religions****
Jan 24, 2009

Thanks to Tony Tanoury I'm able to host this new Challenge. Out of the many terrific submissions he picked my photo, so thanks for that!

This next challenge #195 will be "Religions" . . .

I would like to see ceremonies, people, symbols, beliefs, rituals, etc. No matter what religion, no matter where in the world. Respect for each others religion is very important.
Examples will follow in the next post.

Please share your camera and lens information. Also feel free to share any other information about post processing (if you did any).

Challenge will close on Saturday, January 31th, at 12.00 (GMT +1:00).

Good luck everybody!

Tim

..................................................................................................................

If you submit a photo, please check in when the winners are posted. The first place winner is expected to host the next challenge. If the first place person cannot host, it moves to the 2ND place; etc.
THE RULES

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post your image(s). The host chooses the winner. The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person.
Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.

Feel free to comment on other contestants' images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put an asterisk ( ) next to the title of the image.
Here are some posting guidelines:

When posting your picture, change the Subject of your post to display your name or picture titles. This way, when someone comments (i.e. replies), it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: Mini Challenge xxx"... it would be very boring to scan the list.

Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website). Also please re-size your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll ( 800 pixels on the longest side works best.).
And how do you embed a picture? I'm glad you asked:

1. While your photo on Flickr (or any other web site) is open, copy the URL address from the address box on your tool bar, then paste it into your reply thread. Add a .jpg extension to get the photo to show up. Click on preview to make sure it's what you want.
Or

2. Right click on the image in Flickr (or where ever you've hosted it), click on "Properties"..., highlight the link with the .jpg extension on it, and paste it into your message text. Provide any additional information you want.

You may enter up to three pictures, but try to put them within a single post. Please give a title to each photo - this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Please size your photo no bigger than 800 pixels on the longest dimension. This is to let those with smaller monitors to see your image at full resolution.
Please limit the size of your entries to conserve bandwidth.

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.
Previous Mini-Challenges:

159 Huge Contrast
160 Faceless Strangers
161 Love and Longing
162 Power of the Elements
163 Old Things
164 Long Exposures
165 Moonrise
166 Sweets
167 Your Best Shot!
168 Sports
169 Science
170 Water
171 Motion
172 Twins
173 Fireworks
174 Unusual Perspective
175 The Wind Blows
176 Cultures & Festivals
177 Signal & Gesture
178 Backlit
179 Lost, Forgotten, decaying
180 Self Portraits
181 Contrast
182 (195) Night Photography
183 The Story behind The Photo
184 Your Favourite Place
185 Cute Subject(s)
186 Your Corner Of The World
187 Trains and Railroads
188 Water in Motion
189 Unexpected Results
190 Signs
191 Animals With Wings
192 Nature
193 Macro
194 Intense Stare
195 Religions

Timberland's gear list:Timberland's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
My 3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow