Started Jan 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave C in AZO
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
My new D90 not covered by Nikon Warranty
Jan 20, 2009

Just before Christmas I ordered a D90 with 55 to 300m Nikkor lens. I didn’t trust Santa to get the right camera. The D90 arrived just in time for Christmas. I didn’t think much of it at the time but there were no registration cards for the body or lens. I then started reading this forum and found a thread regarding the registration cards. Seems there were quite a few new D90 with out the cards. One member said to register online and provided the address. So, I went to the site and first registered the lens. No problem – a message came up that the registration was accepted. Then the D90 body. To my surprise a message came back that the serial number was not recognized. So I phoned the Nikon help line. The agent asked for the serial number and I gave it to him. His reply was “This not a good number” I said it’s a Nikon and it’s a D90 no doubt. My SN started with the number 9. He said that D90’s for the US market should start with the letter C. What about the warranty I asked. You will have to send it back the country where it was purchased. I said I purchased it for buydigitaldirect.com their in New York City I think and the last time I checked New York City was in the USA. Yes, he said but that camera was meant for a market other the USA. I said, So your basically saying I’m SOL. His reply I’m afraid so. Only business with walk through store founts are authorized Nikon dealers – Amizon.com is the only online exception. End of conversation. I called buydigitaldirect.com and they quickly acknowledged that Nikon would not honor the warranty. But he said buydigitaldirect provides the same warranty as Nikon. So now I’m a bit releaved. There is nothing wrong with the camera but I was surprised with the Nikon policy. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. By the way I love the D90.
--
Dave C in AZO

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow