Dilema, Tripod or Printer, please help..

Started Jan 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 2,277
Re: Yaaay!
In reply to Chutterman, Jan 18, 2009

Some savings suggestions .
Epson Heavyweight Matte paper bought in packs of 100 is a great bargain (Amazon)
It comes in 8x10 , 8.5x11 and 11x14.

For snapshot for my wife I just do (4) 3.5x5 on a single page and she is happy.
You will also want a good paper cutter. Any stationary store should have one.

I also often will take a cue from my old darkroom days and take an important part of a print and crop it down to 3x5 or even 2x3. You can then using Photoshop just print that section with different settings on a single sheet until it looks like you want.

Ink- Others will say I am crazy but after 5 yeas and thousands of prints at home and at the school I work I have used generic inks successfully. I currently shop at a place called 4inkjets (through Amazon). Epson ink is the most overpriced marked up product in existence and this is your choice. You can easily save 1/2 or more but that is up to you. Longevity on the matte paper is fine , I have had prints hanging for 5+ years with no fading. Colors are also fine. This is a touchy subject around here so I don't expect a lot of support for this suggestion.

Finally use your Epson frequently. They may clog a little if left on vacation or whatever. Usually a couple of cleaning cycles will bring them right back. Also leave it plugged in all the time.

Enjoy your printer and start saving for he tripod.
Check my Photo Blog

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow