Started Jan 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Richardson
Forum ProPosts: 12,894
Like?
Picasa and external hard disk
Jan 16, 2009

I downloaded Picasa 3 for Vista last night and today have been playing with it. I have a question that I have not found the answer to in the documentation.

I use a notebook pc and have 2 external hard disks that I connect occasionally to do back ups. I have many gigabytes of photos on the external hard disks (the 2 hds have the same stuff) and I only keep the most recent few months of photos on my notebook pc. The Picasa documentation says this:

"To use Picasa to manage photos stored on an external drive, that drive needs to first be connected to your computer. Once the drive is connected, Picasa displays photos stored on the external drive including all edits made to the photos."

Okay, so if I connect my external hd and then let Picasa scan it what happens when the drive is turned off/disconnected? Will Picasa remember the photos on the external hd and still display the thumbnails? Will it try to copy all the photos from the external hd to the notebook pc's hd (bad!)? It is confusing as to what Picasa does in this situation. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow