Started Jan 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pommyboi
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Lightroom and netbooks
Jan 16, 2009

Rather than get lost in the general and long netbook threads I thought I'd do one specific to the question I have.

I've read most of Netbook threads #2 and #3 and tried a search to find what I'm looking for but with no luck so apologies if I am repeating an old question.

I am thinking about getting a eee PC 901 (XP with SSD drive) or Samsung NC10 which is getting great reviews although it’s a little heavier and more expensive than the EEE PC's. I want to use the netbook with lightroom v2.2 to do quick reviews of the photos I’d taken on holiday, delete outright rubbish and whilst importing automatically backup to an external 16gb memory stick (dust, water resistant). I really want to keep the weight down.

I have a general concern about the robustness of hard drives as I tend to move around a lot on holiday which is why SSD appeals even though it is a lot less storage. All my PC problems in the past have been HDD failures although strangely none on my laptops.

I have about 14GB CF of cards which is just enough for two weeks and a bit of early pruning of bad photos plus freeing up some CF cards would be useful. Along with ability to email and post photos online of course...

Does anyone have any experience of using Lightroom on a netbook or thoughts on the durability of hard drives in netbooks?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow