Started Jan 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Graham Best
Senior MemberPosts: 2,538Gear list
Like?
Sharpness doesn't matter
Jan 15, 2009

In reading another thread regarding A900 v D3x dynamic range test, the poster provided a link to a Ken Rockwell D3x sharpness test. Ken provides a link at the beginning of the "test" to an essay he wrote in May 2008 regarding lens sharpness. I hope all will take the time to read Ken's thought's; he makes a good case.

link: http://kenrockwell.com/tech/lens-sharpness.htm

This excerpt sounds reminiscent of many posts on this forum:

"Some men (never women) worry themselves silly about lens sharpness. When I started serious photography in the 1970s, I was warned that there is a segment of the hobby where all people do is take pictures of brick walls and newspaper classifieds, but never make any photos of anything worthwhile.

The people who worry the most are those with the least experience. Don't let this happen to you. Check each piece of new gear as it arrives, but then get out and shoot."

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Graham

'I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed.' -Garry Winogrand

Graham Best's gear list:Graham Best's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha 7R Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PamNew
TripNew
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow