Join WSSA, shoot a Squirrel! 5 day frenzy.

Started Jan 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gaber
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,524
Like?
Join WSSA, shoot a Squirrel! 5 day frenzy.
Jan 15, 2009
-- hide signature --

. WSSA stands for Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association. It's a fun society and anyone can join. The guidelines to become a member are simple:

--Take and submit a photo of a squirrel. The photo should:

--be in focus
--be reasonably well exposed
--have no "fatal flaws" (tree limbs in front of the squirrel, etc.)
--be of a living squirrel

Applications will be accepted from 12:01AM January 15th through midnight January 19th in whatever time zone you are in.

In the over 4 yrs since WSSA was formed, it has grown to have almost 160 members. Members are encouraged to proudly display their WSSA# in their signatures on the forum and to send in WSSA dues (another squirrel picture) every so often.

We have a website, originated and cared for by Blinky the Shark (who is also our alleged Treasurer and my Chief of Staff) , a V.P. of Special Projects (junksecret), who, BTW, has an enormous expense account and at this moment is very likely perusing old T.V. quiz shows in search of squirrel pictures, and a very special Ambassador to the Pentax SLR Forum, Rupert60, who is the Head Squirrel there, accompanied, ably, by his mascot Festus.

To get down to business: You will have 5 days ( called a 5 day Squirrel Frenzy) in which to join. You can apply in this forum or the Pentax SLR Forum by following the rules above. Remember though that this is all in fun and no one should get stressed out.

The 3 best submissions from each forum will be displayed on the WSSA website, following this frenzy, for all to ogle. To learn more about WSSA and it's negligible contribution to society and a list of the current membership please follow this link.

http://thewssa.org/

So that's it folks... let's see some squirrels!!!

To get us started, as usual, I will post a few squirrel pictures taken during the recent snowstorm we had here in the northeast US.

Chilly squirrel with cold hands

One final note: I have a rather busy work schedule on Thursday but will do my best to keep up. Happy shooting.

(Signed) The Head Squirrel

Coolpix 950, 4500, P5000, D90, Canon 250D, 500D, 50mm/1.8, 105VR, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 30mm/1.4.
CATS Member> ^..^
WSSA Member#40 ( Head Squirrel)
PAS Charter Member #5
MAA Member
Proud FCAS Member#127
http://www.pbase.com/thegaber

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
awwwNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow