Started Jan 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bvphotos
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
50D MLU questions
Jan 14, 2009

When I enable mirror lock-up and shoot in the 2 second delay self-timer mode, the camera works fine as expected. However, when I took it off self-timer mode and shoot, the shutter remains open for a long time and the only way to reset it is to shut the camera off. This is also the behavior I observed with my old XT when I tried to mess around with MLU for the first time. I then turned off MLU, thinking I don't know how to use it. But now the 50D exhibiting the expected and unexpected behaviors, I'm curious to find out more.

Another question that has been bugging me is: how is it that one can through the viewfinder when MLU is enabled, when the mirror is supposed to be in the up and locked position, hence not reflecting light into the viewfinder?

-- hide signature --

http://bvphotos.smugmug.com

Canon 50D, Canon 100 f2, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro, Canon 100-400 IS, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 10-22, Sigma 18-200 OS, Tamron Pro 1.4TC, Speedlite 430EX, Feisol 3402 + Giotto ballhead.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow