ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JT Craddock
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Pentax K20D
Jan 12, 2009
-- hide signature --

OK - I use my Pentax K10D for photographing my children's swim meets. The meets are indoors and the lighting at the pools is less than optimal. I obviously am looking for action shots which would require fast shutter speeds and with the low light I've opted for the Pentax 50-135 F2.8 lens. Even with the F2.8 lens and my ISO setting as the K10D will allow (ISO 1600), when I attempt to increase the shutter speed to capture the fast action shots, the pictures come out underexposed. If I get the exposure setting correct then the action shots are blurry.

My lenses are Pentax so I'd like to stay within the Pentax line so as not to render all my lenses useless (to me). I'm considering trading up to the K20D which has an ISO setting "up to" 6400. I know the noise level will increase dramatically at this setting but I may be able to use the 3200 setting. Is it worth the upgrade? Keep in mind I'm an amateur photographer (the K10D was my first foray into the SLR market) although I am learning and interested in the hobby outside the pool area. Is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow