Started Jan 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amandab
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Buying Decision for s100fs
Jan 11, 2009

Well I am ready to buy the s100fs and need some opinions are which is the best way to go. I was leaning towards buying at Walmart online becasue of my comfortability with them and the easy return if I needed to. It's currently 549.98 +4.98 shipping + 34 tax. So it's about 590 (minus the 50 rebate). Walmart has a 3 year warrenty that they offer for $89. It looks like it covers more than the fuji warrenty but not sure if it covers if I drop it or something. It says "environmental factors" but I am not sure what that means. I will call them to find out for sure. So if i get the camera + warrenty it would cost me about $680 (minus the rebate). So $630 after it's all said and done.

Now buydig.com has it for $568, no shipping, no tax. (minus rebate is $518). THen I can get the lowest kit for an additional $30. THis includes a 2 year fuji limited warrenty, 2gb sd card, bag, and cleaning kit. Online at fujifilmusa.com the warrenty is 49.99. So at buydig my total with kit after rebate would be $548.

My dilema is, do I pay more for peace of mind that I could return it very easy if I needed to at Walmart and probably pay for a longer and more detailed warrenty. Or do I go for the cheaper buy that comes with the limited warrenty and some accessories even though I will probably buy better accessories later. Also, I am unsure about buydig.com. I have never ordered from them and don't know if they use the "bait and switch" tactics that so many places do on the internet.

And while I am asking. I need some opinions on SD vs. XD cards and what kind of protective filter I should buy. I did some research and came across the Tiffen 67mm UV Protection Filter. This seemed like a good buy. Should I be buying something more expensive. Should I buy multiple of these or will one do.

I am sure I will have more questions as this post goes on, but hope you can be of some help.

Thanks.
Amanda

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow