ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,615
Like?
Any S5 CF compatability problems?
Jan 10, 2009

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there have been any issues with S5 cameras being a bit picky with what CF cards they can use?

I ask because I recently bought two 16GB Kingston Elite Pro cards to go in our two S5 cams. All seems to be ok at the start, I can take a dozen or so shots and all seems fine. But then when I keep shooting, earlier shots start getting corrupted, both in camera so you can't see a preview (comes up with an error message) and also in a card reader (windows can't copy a couple of the files).

The S5 cams have had an 8GB Lexar and 4GB Sandisk in there up until now and we've filled the cards many, many times over, so I'm 99% certain its not a 'faulty' camera, however I've had past issues with my (working) Kodak SLR cams where they just refused to work properly with 2 and 4GB kingston cards that were themselves consistently 100% flawless when used in Olympus DSLRs ?!?

I'm trying out the new Kingstons in a D3 at the moment and can't get them to fail yet. But I thought it might be a good idea to post it here, both as a heads up and also as a request for any info.

Cheers
Gareth

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow