5D-MkII - Canon is mass producing Full Frame Sensors - FF Rebel soon?

Started Jan 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaulBG
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
5D-MkII - Canon is mass producing Full Frame Sensors - FF Rebel soon?
Jan 9, 2009

I’m stunned at how fast Canon is retiring its considerable 5D Mk2 backlog so it seems evident that they have finally perfected a way to mass produce their full frame CMOS sensors. And I suspect that we will eventually see an even greater distribution of FF, maybe even a Rebel model which would knock the rest of the competition on its ass.

This progression is inevitable. The dSLR selection is normally influenced by the availability of lenses and Canon’s arsenal of glass for full frame is formidable, all of which makes the future of the APS-C cropped format even more doubtful. Who wants to attach a standard 50mm lens only to find that it’s now a portrait lens? There are no “L” series EF-S lenses, no red circles in this small family, not even a standard 1:1 (33mm?) prime lens.

Clearly, with the 5D Mark II, Canon is taking its digital camera product line to a new and very important level, and in my opinion, it’s welcomed but long overdue!

Paul B-G

PaulBG's gear list:PaulBG's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow