ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MajStriker
Contributing MemberPosts: 847
Like?
Fuji s100fs - weaknesses?
Jan 8, 2009
-- hide signature --

Ok, I've had my s100fs for about a month now and taken probably at least 5,000 to 10,000 pictures virtually all of them on the manual setting. 95% of the pictures I took were indoors as that was what concerned me the most. Almost any camera will do well out in the bright sunlight. Here's the issues that I keep running into.

1. I have a difficult time getting the camera to focus in low light. It hunts and hunts, this is with or without the AF illuminator. Especially difficult when trying to get it to focus for fast action shots in mid to low lighting.

2. Sometimes the camera does a good job at producing a shallow depth of field for a portrait shot and sometimes it seems like it doesn't even try.

3. The standard or Provia setting makes all the colors look faded out.

4. As a rule, picture sharpness really seems to vary. Possibly this is related to my issues with number 1 and obtaining a good focus. Setting the sharpness in the menu to "high" doesn't seem to impact this at all.

Other than that I'm very pleased. This camera does just about all I would hope it could do, the only way to improve quality would be to step up to a DSLR which I may do in the future but probably not anytime soon.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow