Started Jan 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
john10001
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
PhotoShop on a Laptop?
Jan 7, 2009

I just wondered if anyone has a Laptop and runs PhotoShop CS4 on it and whether it hinders you much running it on a smaller screen size e.g. 15"? Also do you find it runs okay on a Laptop compared to desktop and the less juice you get for your money? Does the in built graphics that comes with the mid priced laptops (£500-ish) good enough for running PS?

The reason I ask I am just doing some research for my younger sister as she was wanting to get a laptop and run PhotoShop CS4 on it. I am guessing that a good quality high precision mouse is going to be essential if you're using a laptop and PS?

I have been checking a number of different laptops for her upto around £500 in value that meet the requirements for the Adobe Creative Suite 4.

I think most of the 15.4" screen sizes just about meet the min requirements for screen resolution for PS and this Adobe package (1280x800?). I think any bigger screen size than this though and it is kind of defeating the purpose of a laptop?

Finally, can anyone tell me whether this Adobe Creative Suite 4 is activated online and if she can only have it on one system because she often uses the desktop as well which has internet access. If it can only be run on one system then I think she will just put it on the laptop when I suggest a few different good models for her.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for your advice and input,

John

Born in the United Kingdom of Great Britain. I reject EU citizenship. (Gods Gift - No training necessary) / Pentax Espio Mini / Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 / That's it!
_ _

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow