YAY!! My photograph was featured in a MAGAZINE....!

Started Jan 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chosen1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,028
Like?
YAY!! My photograph was featured in a MAGAZINE....!
Jan 5, 2009

I was so excited today to discover that my photo made it Popular Photography's sister magazine "American Photo Magazine".

I didn't even know. A random girl wrote me on Facebook saying; "Hey I don't know you and you don't know me but I saw one of your photos in a magazine and it's truly breathtaking. A shot of the fireworks to the right of a large bridge in Philadelphia. "

That was flattering enough until I walked into the local Borders and bought all 15 of the magazines on the rack. I'm joking. I thought about it. But that would limit the number of people that would see my photograph featured in there. haha I'm sorry, I'm so full of myself right now..."hey do you blame me? It's my first photograph featured in a major magazine, or any nationally (or internationally if you count airport newstands) circulated magazine."

Here is a link if you want to check out the article online:
http://www.popphoto.com/americanphotofeatures/5676/images-of-the-year-2008.html

and here is a link of where the photo is featured on their website:

http://www.popphoto.com/gallery.aspx?section_id=50§ion_prefix=featuresamer&webtrends_section=featuresamer&article_id=5676&window_id=1&gallery_id=1624&page_number=6&seq=79&cnt=12&slide=off

I'm sure most of you remember, but in case your new here or missed it last time I posted it here is the image in full size:

excerpt from the article:

This year, for the first time, all the entries were received, and judged, online. The editors of American Photo did the first two rounds of judging. The final round was judged by three distinguished names in photography: veteran photo editor Laurie Kratochvil, based in New York City; Boston-based photographer and educator Henry Horenstein; and David Fahey, director of the Fahey/Klein Gallery in Los Angeles.

just the fact the one or all three of these people looked at my photo and said..put that one in there, gives me the hibbidy-jibidis

Can you see my excitement here ---> 8)

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
danNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow