Started Jan 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eliz82
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
CF cards - the real operating temperatures
Jan 5, 2009

any of you who shoot with Transcend 133x (or Lexar 133x) experienced problems with this card under +3 ... -5 Celsius degrees ?

I'm asking this because i was ready to buy this kind of card ( Transcend 133x 16GB ultra speed operating temp -25 ...+85) when my local seller told me that they don't have it in stock , and recommended me to buy an equivalent card: Kingston Elite pro 133x 16GB (operating temp -20 ...+85) .

So i bought it because i was pressured on time, even i was very suspicious on hearing the "Kingston" name, because they weren't very recognized in the photography world.

But on the field i find the Kingston totally useless to me. When i received the card i made a quick fat32 format on my computer using a card reader. on my first session (+3 ... +5 Celsius degrees) the card stop working after approx. 30min and 50 shoots taken i receive an error to my camera LCD to "replace the CF card because it experienced some problems". i replace the card with my old Sandisk 1GB Extreme III (that never disappointed me) and continue to shoot the entire session without experience any problems. When i was home i let a few hours the Kingston on 20 degree Celsius hoping that it would work again and recover my files. But my camera showed the same error. So i use the format from my camera menu and after that the error disappear and i can use my card normally. on my second session (+1 ... +3 Celsius degrees) i shoot like 20 pictures in 15 minutes when observed that i can't browse them (access them) on the camera. after like another approx. 20 pictures my camera give some errors only when i tried to access the pictures: "unrecognized thumbnail" or some of the pictures show them as "corrupted data". after i replug the card the usual error appeared on the screen "replace the CF card because it experienced some problems".

Last year i used my Sandisk ext 3 at -10 degrees without any problems.

it may be possible that Canon 400D to not support 16GB card size ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow