Started Jan 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fireemt1
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Can someone explain this one?
Jan 4, 2009

I love my 50D, but some days I wish I could put the 450D guts into the 50D body. With the same lenses, I keep running into issues I never saw with the 450D. Anyways, here's the problem at hand.

The full picture below probably looks fine, but if you pixel-peep the hat has a lot of "fringing" for lack of better word. This is a converted RAW file. The second picture shows a 100% crop of the hat. I didn't think the fringing would show up on the print that bad, but wow, it did. The third picture is a 100% crop of the in camera JPG (I shoot RAW+JPG) it is there but NOWHERE near as pronounced.

I was thinking this was some kind of CA, but using the CA sliders in Lightroom will not fix it. I try color saturations, and it (as you would expect) desaturates the picture too much. Any ideas ?

Setup: 50D with 24-105L and UV Filter. Someone suggested filter being a problem, but that doesn't make sense with the difference in the in camera JPG and the RAW cropped picture.

Full size picture

100% crop from converted RAW

100% crop from in camera JPG

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow