Need best web-based photo options ?

Started Jan 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Regular MemberPosts: 111
from what I've learned thus far...
In reply to redstarblackrose, Jan 4, 2009

Picasa is not the most friendly program for a mac user at the moment (current version does not work for mac without an outside utility), but I'm intrigued and think that down the road Google will have provided a high-value, excellent and well thought out product, as they've done with Google Docs, Earth, gmail, etc. However, for my purposes, I'm more inclined to use a program that a) works intuitively with a mac, and b) satisfies my needs for i) sharing and ii) my limited patience for learning curves.

Consider what post-processing software you use - programs like Lightroom have plug-ins that will help you export straight to Flickr. Aperture and iPhoto clearly work well with MobileMe.

For what it's worth, my philosophy is to maintain as uninterrupted a workflow as possible, and this includes the publishing aspect of finished photos - what's the path of least resistance from post-process to published, and after that, what online gallery will provide me the greatest leverage and utility (ie: sharing, storage amount, downloading/printing, copyright protection, etc).

I'd like to know what you eventually choose to do, so make sure you let us know when you've made up your mind.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow