Started Jan 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ncage74
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
D300 CF Cards
Jan 2, 2009

Hi everyone. This will probably be my first of many questions since I just purchased my D300. Now i have to get some CF cards since my last camera was SD. I've googled for this a little and can't quite find an acceptable answer to my question. I want to know how fast of a card do you need so you do not slow down D300 when your pushing 6fps to the camera. I"m not really concerned above that because i'll probably never buy the accessory grip. Ive found some info that states 133x is fast enough and the faster cards just allow you to transfer your images to your pc faster. Is this true or is there a minimum speed you should get? To be honest ive never had trouble with some of the cheaper card makers (like trascend) so id like to stick with something liike that for price concerns instead of sandisk or lexar if all possible. I have heard some people say card speed does matter though. So i'm kind of getting conflicting stories here.

Again, i'm not so much worried about computer transfers and i'm worried about slowing down my D300.

Also, in general are bigger cards slower? I definitly will get at least 4GB cards but if i get 16GB cards are they going to be that much slower?

If speed really does make that BIG of a difference i "might" get 3 sandisk 16GB III. There is no way i would pay what they are asking for the IV version. Sandisk does have a nice rebate going on but ive pretty much heard VERY bad stories about people getting denied there rebate so if i do get one i will photocopy everything and make sure i send it with some type of trackable mail.

thanks,
Ncage

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow