Buying 450D as a present is this my best bet???

Started Jan 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adam61
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Buying 450D as a present is this my best bet???
Jan 2, 2009

Wife wanted a nice camera and after letting her demo a few at Wolf and doing some of my own research online we came to the conclusion the 450D was a good choice. We have a child, a couple pets, and travel a couple times a year and the camera will be primarily for the general use surrounding those things. We're both complete amateurs but she has been interested in getting a little more skilled for years. I don't need EVERYTHING, but I want to make sure I buy her everything she needs to get started for a good "starter's kit". After some research here's what I came up with. Tell me if I'm on the right track and give me some encouragement before I drop a ton of money

-Camera: (2 Lens Deal from B&H): Canon EOS Rebel XSi (a.k.a. 450D) SLR Digital Camera Kit (Black) with 18-55mm IS Lens & 55-250mm IS Lens $790

-Memory: SanDisk 8GB Extreme III Secure Digital (SDHC) Card $58

-Bag: Still at a loss need a 2 lens bag that's easy to carry??????

-Misc: What else would be worth buying for a starters kit????

I'm at $850 without the bag or any extras so I can't spend a lot more but I want to do this right, it's a big gift for us. Give me your sage advice, thanks!!!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow