Started Jan 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deluk
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
Challenge pics - Yawn?
Jan 1, 2009

I could put this post in virtually any of the posts about the Challenges.

I'm not posting this to invite brick bats from those who have spent time and effort preparing images for the various categories of the challenges. I spent some times flicking through the thumbs and found only a handful that piqued my interest enough to go through the rigmarole of bringing up the large image. Of course a lot of images will pass reasonable pixel peeping criteria but I rarely take that into account when looking at a picture. It's more likely to be "I like that" "I would have like to have taken that" or "I'd be happy to have that on my wall". To me, far too many of them have been “adjusted” to within an inch of their art. Drawn with paint and not the subtle tones of the original light. Small tweaks fine but not those that change the picture into an image that wouldn’t be out of place on a Kodachrome calendar from 20 years ago.

What I think I’m saying is, I found the vast majority of entries, pretty boring! Am I in a minority of 1?

deluk's gear list:deluk's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S02
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow