ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
myseventhlife
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Weird problem with Sandisk Extreme III on D700
Jan 1, 2009

Hi guys and happy new year to you all!

I have just bought a sandisk extreme III 4gb to use with the D700. However when I connect the camera to the pc to transfer the pictures, the capacity of the card shows as 1.99 gb in windows explorer. When formatting the card in-camera it shows as 374 available pictures in jpg L Fine mode / 155 in Raw lossless compressed 14bit. Moreover formatting the card is only possible when pressing the mode and bin buttons twice, but not through the menu (when I use the menu to format the card, nothing happens when I press OK after the warning message that all pictures will be deleted appears).

I ve read elsewhere that there is a small switch on some compact flash cards that you need to move in order to use the two available partitions. Well no such switch exists on the one I ve got. I wonder whether there is something wrong with the card or the camera.

I would appreciate your input.

Kind regards

myseventhlife's gear list:myseventhlife's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow