Flat view
Rod Becker
Regular MemberPosts: 375
Like?
Camera bag for 50d and 3 lenses?
Dec 31, 2008
-- hide signature --

Hi everyone,

I just got my 50D and 17-55 and 70-200/4 L IS yesterday (I already have the 10-22). I just bought the Lowepro 200 Slingback at my local store (they're giving 20% off on bags - so equivalent to on-line) and tried it out at home. Also, I wouldn't want to buy something to wear on-line, considering the subjective nature of the fit, etc. Very tight fit, and doesn't have room for the lens hoods for the 17-55 and 70-200. So no go. Also, I seem not to be comfortable with the slingback type; I think it's just I'm not used to it. I've only just had shoulder-type bags.

I could return the 200 for the Slingback 300, which would certainly fit everything, but it's significantly larger, and I really wanted to keep it as small as possible while still being appropriate to my equipment. But I'll take a closer look at it.

I realize the standard-type shoulder bag needs to be put down to change lenses, etc., and it's uncomfortable on. Lowepro also makes a backpack-type bag in the same size ranges of the Slingback. I forget the model name, but it might be suitable and more comfortable to wear.

I'm finding the cam bag is one of the most significant purchases I could make as it makes walking around fun or a pain to the point of not bothering much. Of course I could just take one lens on the cam and limit myself to that kind of shooting, but that's not the point of my post.

So...would you please offer other solutions and give me your experiences. I would be very appreciative, as I'm hoping to go back to the store tomorrow, New Years Day (they're open) to return the 200 and get something else.

Thanks all, Rod Becker

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
R102New
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow