Started Dec 31, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Redteg94
Senior MemberPosts: 1,546
Like?
Monitors between $300-$500
Dec 31, 2008

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me decide on a new monitor. I'm about to buy a new PC and think I have that covered, but I'm unsure of what monitor to get. Ideally, I would like to minimize cost, but I know that we get what we pay for, so I'm willing to go as high as $500 for the time being. I'm also hoping to get a 22" or 24" model at this price, although I'm willing to settle for a 20" if there happens to be a model that is much better than 22 and 24 inchers at this price range. I understand monitors at this price can't be compared to high-end Lacie and Eizo models, but I don't have the budget right now for one of those. Also, I think anything will be better than what I'm using now (15.4" TFT monitor on my 2 1/2 year old laptop). Does anyone have an opinion on what the best monitor in my price range is? Also, are these suitable for image editing, or am I kidding myself and need to go to the fancy $1K+ models?

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow