Started Dec 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JeffW84
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
D40 captures a Florida sunrise (pics)
Dec 30, 2008

Inspired by warm weather and a few days off work, I took my D40 and my 10-year-old daughter to Jacksonville Beach (FL) yesterday to capture the sunrise. Both (camera and daughter) cooperated nicely.

You’ll probably notice some inconsistency in the exposures. This was by design. In person, it was much brighter than you see in any of the images, so I underexposed to varying degrees to see what I could come up with. I also tweaked some of the images with the Photoshop shadows/highlights slider, as well as adjusting levels and adding some sharpening. I’m interested to hear any thoughts/opinions about which effects you may prefer.

All photos taken with the D40 and 18-55 kit lens. I also played around a little with some off-camera flash. Comments welcome, if you’re so inclined. You can see more samples on Flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/29178688@N03/saa7K3

Please, no hateful comments from those Northerners who may be shoveling snow, and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Jeff

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow