Started Dec 29, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stimmer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,137
Like?
Considering dumping my 14-54 for 12-60..talk me into it
Dec 29, 2008

I'm pretty close to putting my 14-54 on ebay and buying the 12-60.

Let me start by saying I love the 14-54. I've also used the 12-60 for a couple of weeks back in the summer. I really liked it as well.

The 14-54 does a great job when I do portraits of babies of getting in there really close "macro style" and pulling out all kinds of details. On the whole it's a very sharp lens with lots of detail. Sometimes it's not but that's usually me and not the lens, or the lighting situation.

In my heart I know the 12-60 is sharper across the range from my 14-54, but there are some unknowns for me. Does it do macro as well as the 14-54? How does it handle wedding photography? Is the Bokeh good? Would it be better for portrait photography than my 14-54?

Anybody who has faced this situation, I need a little guidance. It's very hard to get rid of a lens that has done so much for me, but if the 12-60 can do everything it can do a little better then I would be willing to make the jump.

Thanks in advance.

• Tim

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Tim,New
Tim,New
Don,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow