D90 Bracketing Performance for HDR Panoramas?

Started Dec 29, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill T.
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
D90 Bracketing Performance for HDR Panoramas?
Dec 29, 2008

D90 Bracketing performance for HDR?

Can somebody comment on what sort of bracketing performance I can expect from a D90? Here are a few questions...

1.I think I can bracket 3 stops at 2 EV steps. Is this correct?

2.How fast can I shoot the bracket set? Is there a way to have it knock off a three shot bracket with only a single button press?

3.What is the mirror-flap vibration like when shooting back to back exposures, is it bad enough that I should wait a few seconds between exposures when using say a 50mm lens?

4.How many full size raws can I shoot before the CF card pipeline starts to slow me down (assuming a very fast flash card)?

Now shooting HDR panoramas with a D2X. It weighs too much, it's too big, and the mirror return creates enough vibration to set the panoramic head vibrating for a few seconds. And the D90 raws I just worked with look at least as good as those from my D2X. Also hoping to apply HDR to live subjects, gotta shoot those brackets really fast. Hoping the D90 can solve some of these problems.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow