Started Dec 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W.C. Green
Regular MemberPosts: 399
Like?
Sharpest Nikon portrait zoom?
Dec 26, 2008

Hi... I tried posting in the D300 forum as I am considering this camera. However, no one seems interested in answering me... which is disconcerting, as Nikon would be my top choice, and the other manufacturer forums jumped at giving me advice regarding their gear.

I need to know the sharpest, low light, portrait zoom made by Nikon? I am guessing most will say the 24-70 f2.8? The only thing is, I really wish it had less on the low end and more at the top... say 55- 180mm at f2.8. I know Nikon doesn't make this, so I would have to adjust my style. I shoot with an f2, super sharp, OLY 35-100 on an E-3. The glass is second to non and tack sharp at f2. However, I am having problems with the body and OLY is not being helpful. I may need to move to another make, though I wish I did not need to. I would probably be financially limited to a body, grip, and one lens for the moment. I need that one lens to be the best available. Suggestions would be very welcome!
Billy
http://www.wcgreen.net
--
'Talent does what it can. Genius does what it must.'

E-3, HLD-4 grip, BlackRapid Strap, 35-100mm f2, FL-50, Lowepro
350 Fastpack, Lowepro Toploader 75, MacBook Pro 17', Coming Soon: 14-35mm f2

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow